The Orthopaedics and Traumatology Unit treats the degenerative and traumatic pathologies of the musculoskeletal system, with particular regard to surgery of the limbs and vertebral column.
Area of excellence is the treatment of the traumatic and tumoral pathology of the cervical spine with the treatment of spondylotic myelopathy and herniated vertebral disc.
The surgical activity, carried out in ordinary hospitalisation and day-surgery, is particularly dedicated to:
- Spinal surgery in collaboration with the Units of Medical Oncology, Diagnostics
- Imaging, Radiation Oncology and Haematology (scoliosis of the young and the elderly, spondylolisthesis, vertebral stenoses, herniated discs, traumatic lesions, integrated treatment of tumours, primitive and secondary, of the spine and skeleton)
- Arthroscopic surgery of the young and the elderly (shoulder, knee, ankle, hip and elbow joint)
- Prosthetic surgery of the hip and knee and computer-assisted for the knee
- Foot surgery and ankle surgery (congenital and acquired deformities)
- Hand surgery and wrist surgery
Post-traumatic athlete's disorders (repair of shoulder tendons and reconstruction of knee ligaments) are treated in a day-hospital regime, through minimally invasive arthroscopic treatments, and outpatient, through injection of hyaluronic acid and growth factors.
The Unit is part of the Osteoncology Center and has specialist and super-specialist clinics:
- General Orthopaedics
- Spinal column disorders
- Foot disorders
- Wrist and hand pathologies
- Knee and shoulder disorders
- Sports pathologies and traumatologies
- Post-operative arthroscopic controls
- Ultrasound-guided infiltration of large and small joints
- Viscosupplementation and growth factors