2. What cookies are
A “cookie” is a small text file that may be stored in a dedicated space on the hard drive of the device used by the user (e.g., computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) when visiting a website through their browser and may be subject to the user's prior consent before being installed.
- navigation or session cookies (for authentication purposes), which ensure normal navigation and use of the website and whose deactivation of which compromises the use of services accessible by login;
- functionality cookies, which allow the user to navigate according to a number of selected criteria (e.g., language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided to the user;
- first party and third-party analytical cookies, if tools are used to reduce the identifying power of the cookies and the third party does not cross-reference the information collected with other information it already has, used to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site.
On the other hand, for “profiling cookies”, i.e., those aimed at identifying the user's preferences and improving the user's browsing experience, as well as for third-party analytical cookies, if no tools are adopted to reduce the identifying power of the cookies and the third party cross-references the information collected with other information it already has, the user's prior consent is required.
3. Types of cookies used by the website and consent management
We inform you that the Website uses the following cookies, first and/or third party, which can be deselected, even individually (as specified below in the section on “Cookie settings“):
- strictly necessary technical, ‘navigation' or ‘session' cookies: these cookies allow the Website to function correctly and allow the contents to be displayed; deactivating them would lead to malfunctioning of the Website; technical cookies also include “functionality” cookies, which are used to enable specific functions of the Site and to configure the Site according to your choices (e.g. language, authentication, etc.) in order to improve your browsing experience;
- Third party profiling/marketing cookies, used to observe the preferences revealed by the user through the navigation and use of the Website and to delineate profiles related to the user, in order to carry out commercial communications and a browsing experience in line with the preferences manifested by the same in the context of browsing the web.
It should be noted that these third parties process personal data as data controllers on behalf of the Controller, pursuant to special data processing agreements under article 28 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679. The third parties, listed below with the relevant hyperlinks to the privacy policies, typically also act as autonomous data controllers of the data collected through the cookies they send; in this case the user gives or withholds consent directly to the owner of the cookie in question to which the Website merely refers. The management of the information collected by “third parties” is governed by their privacy policies, which you are kindly requested to refer to and which are linked below for your convenience:
- Google: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/
- Google Analytics 4: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/12017362?hl=it e https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=it
- Google AdSense: https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/2407785?hl=it
- Servizi Google (es. Maps): https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=it
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
In detail, the cookies installed through the Website are set out below:
|Cookie type and owner||Purposes||Technical name||Persistence time||Category (first/third part)|
|Analytical||User tracking||AMP_TOKEN||1 hour||Google LLC (“Google”)|
|Analytical||User tracking||_ga||2 years||Google LLC (“Google”)|
|Analytical||User tracking||_gac*||3 months||Google LLC (“Google”)|
|Analytical||User tracking||_gat||1 minute||Google LLC (“Google”)|
|Analytical||User tracking||_gid||1 day||Meta Platforms, Inc.|
|Analytical||User tracking||_fbp||3 months||Meta Platforms, Inc.|
|Analytical||User tracking||fr||3 months||Meta Platforms, Inc.|
4. Cookie settings
The user can select/deselect the cookies to be authorised by clicking the following link.
Warning: The User is informed that not authorising technical cookies may make it impossible to use the Website, view its contents and use its services. Inhibiting functionality cookies may mean that some services or certain functions of the Website are not available or do not function properly, and the User may have to modify or manually enter certain information or preferences each time he visits the Website.
However, failure to authorise other cookies, including third-party cookies, does not affect the operation of the Website; however, for third-party cookies, since these types of cookies are sent exclusively by third parties and since the Site Owner cannot exercise control over the sending of such cookies to the user's terminal, the relevant objection can be exercised by accessing the consent forms prepared by the aforementioned third parties, if any, or through the settings of one's browser. Links to the privacy policies and any forms for collecting consent to receive cookies prepared by third parties sending cookies through the Site are provided in the “Types of cookies used by the Site” section.
With regard to cookies directly sent by the operator of the Site, in addition to the procedure made available on this page, the user may also block or delete (in whole or in part) cookies through the specific functions of his or her browsing browser (in this regard, see above).
The choices made by the User in relation to the Website’s cookies will in turn be recorded in a specific technical cookie, with the characteristics set out in the relevant cookie table.
Your cookie preferences will need to be reset if you use different devices or browsers to access the Website.