The Complex Operative Unit of Endocrinology and Diabetology carries out clinical activities for the treatment of diabetes, obesity with its complications and other endocrine diseases.
The main clinical services are:
- Examinations for the clinical framing of endocrine pathologies
- Prevention and treatment of diabetes and chronic complications
- Individual and group therapeutic education courses for people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Multidisciplinary examinations for the diagnosis and treatment of ovarian polycystosis in collaboration with the Campus Bio-Medico Hospital Gynaecology Operative Unit
- Integrated medical approach for the diagnosis and treatment of ovarian polycystosis with specialist endocrinological, gynaecological, dermatological assessment and nutritional counselling in collaboration with the Campus Bio-Medico Hospital Check-up Centre
- Natural fertility management orientation
- Prevention and treatment of obesity and metabolic syndrome:
- Metabolic wellness programme: global assessment for the prevention and treatment of people at high cardio-metabolic and cardiovascular risk in collaboration with the Campus Bio-Medico Hospital Check-up Centre
- Nutritional counselling and motivational interviewing in synergy with pathways aimed at controlling body weight and metabolic disorders
- Nutritional pathways based on precision medicine and on the global approach of the overweight or obese patient at high cardiovascular risk
- Prescription of medicalised ketogenic diets for weight loss, metabolic rehabilitation and as an adjunct in the treatment of specialised conditions (e.g. headache/migraine, ovarian polycystosis, hepatic steatosis) or as a pre-operative optimisation approach
- Preparation for bariatric surgery and postoperative follow-up
The services are provided in agreement with the Italian National Healthcare System or privately, either Intramoenia or at the Tariffa Amica, always on an outpatient basis.
Special cases, such as the study of severe hypoglycaemia and diabetic ketoacidosis, can be treated in normal in-patient care.
Every patient undergoing treatment can use an e-mail service to communicate with healthcare professionals.
The clinicians work in close synergy with the Auxologico Metabolic Research Laboratory. This collaboration ensures that the health workers are constantly updated on the latest scientific evidence for the treatment of metabolic diseases, and that the most advanced diagnostic and therapeutic protocols are used.