The Endocrinology and Diabetology Unit carries out clinical-assistance activities for the treatment of diabetes, thyroid diseases, obesity and other endocrine diseases.
Main clinical activities include:
- Outpatient visits for the clinical assessment of endocrine disorders
- Ultrasound and thyroid needle aspirate
- Prevention and treatment of diabetes and chronic complications
- Individual and group therapeutic education courses for people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Prevention and treatment of obesity and metabolic syndrome (with group psycho-educational courses)
- Diagnostic investigation for thyroid diseases
Services are provided in conjunction with the National Health Service, and privately, outpatient and in Day Hospital. Special cases, such as the study of severe hypoglycaemia and diabetic ketoacidosis, are treated under ordinary hospitalisation.
Patient in care can use a direct telephone service and e-mail to communicate directly with the health professionals.
The Unit also carries out outpatient and research activities, complementary to those carried out on site, at the Ceccano hospital centre, the hospitals of Sora and Cassino (Frosinone Local Health Authority).
Within the Endocrinology and Diabetology Unit operates the Unit for Metabolic Diseases.