The Urology Unit treats disorders of the male urinary and genital systems. It specialises in bladder reconstruction surgery, urethral reconstruction, and in the treatment of stones with micro-invasive and laser techniques.
It favours minimally invasive laparoscopic conservative surgery for the treatment of kidney tumours and prosthetic implants for the treatment of impotence and incontinence.
The Unit consists of the following general and specialist outpatient clinics:
- General Urology clinic for the initial appointment
- Oncological Urology clinic (in collaboration with the Medical Oncology)
- Clinic for the treatment of non-infiltrating bladder neoplasms
- Neurology clinic and clinic for the treatment of male incontinence
- Urodynamics clinic
- Prostate disorders clinic