The Immunoreumatology Unit is an integrated team, with a strong internist matrix, which is characterized by specific competences in immunolgy, rheumatology and allergology field.
In the field of Rheumatology, the Unit treats a wide range of systemic autoimmune diseases (eg. systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, Sjogren's syndrome, systemic sclerosis, poly-dermatomyositis,…), vasculitis and spondylarthritis (ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis,…).
These pathologies can involve multiple organs and systems and are associated to significant comorbidities (cardiovascular diseases, metabolic syndrome, pulmonary interstices, osteoporosis, etc.).
The Unit is able to provide the patient with a complete and rapid diagnostic path within its own structure, managing with dedicated personnel both laboratory diagnostics for immune-mediated diseases (available laboratory tests) and instrumental diagnostics (ultrasound articular and capillaroscopy).
The Unit is recognized by the Lazio Region as:
– Accredited Center for dispensing biological drugs, useful for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and psoriatic arthropathy. In this way it guarantees the delivery of the most advanced therapies to patients who do not respond to traditional therapies.
– Accredited Center for the prescription / dispensing of drugs for LUPUS
– Accredited Center for the prescription of drugs for the treatment of osteoporosis
– Accredited Center for the prescription / dispensation of drugs for Systemic Sclerosis
The following clinics are active:
- Outpatient clinic for rheumatological/immunological examinations
- Outpatient clinic for immunological/rheumatological check-ups
- Lupus Clinic
- Arthritis clinic for the prescription/dispensing of biological drugs
- Systemic sclerosis clinic for patient follow-up and prescription/dispensation of drugs
- Integrated outpatient clinic of gastroreumatology and neuroimmunology
The Operative Unit has a day-hospital for infusion therapies.
In the context of Allergology, the Unit deals with a wide range of allergic diseases:
- Respiratory allergies (asthma, rhinitis, conjunctivitis)
- Food allergy
- Drug allergies (such as intramoenia performance, Dr. Zennaro)
- Hymenoptera sting allergies (bees, wasps, hornets) (as an intramoenia performance, Dr. Zennaro)
- Contact allergies (from metals, cosmetics, perfumes, hair dyes, dental and orthopedic materials, …)
- Atopic dermatitis
The Unit is recognized by the Lazio Region as accredited Center for the prescription of biological drugs for uticaria and severe asthma.