The Department of Clinical Affairs, in accordance with the mission of Campus Bio-Medico University of Rome and consistent with the organizational choices of the hospital, works to ensure high standards of care through the management of the following areas: Quality Management, Clinical Risk Management, Clinical Training and Clinical Bioethics. The Clinical Director takes part in strategy planning and is involved in the decision-making process of the Hospital Board of Directors.
The Department of Clinical Affairs works to ensure that the following goals are met:
– achieving and maintaining the highest possible standards of quality and safety of care, for patients and their visitors
– development, promotion and experimentation of new strategies and models for the continuous improvement of quality and safety
– continuous training and professional growth of staff on issues related to the quality and safety of care, and dissemination of a culture of continuous improvement
– training and monitoring of medical students and residents
– providing advice and training on ethics and clinical bioethics
– management of the network of quality and safety officers, which consists of representatives from all the professional categories present in the hospital (medical, technical and administrative)
– maintaining the Joint Commission International accreditation
All activities aimed at improving the quality and safety of care are managed by the Quality Manager and the Clinical Risk Manager under the supervision of the Clinical Director. The Department of Clinical Affairs is committed to the continuous training of staff, in close collaboration with the Human Resources and Personnel Policies Departments, the Professional Health Care Services Department and the Department of Medical Affairs, and to the training and monitoring of activities of university students and medical residents. The Clinical Director represents the hospital in the Committee for the Coordination of Medical Specialization Schools, the Risk Committee and the Committee for UCBM Student Volunteering and Cooperation (CUSV).