The Clinical Pharmacology Unit provides services for inpatients and outpatients, both in agreement with the National Health Service and as private service.
It is specialised in quantifying plasma levels of numerous drugs of clinical importance:
- Neurological (valproic acid, carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital, lacosamide, lamotrigine, levetiracetam, oxcarbazepine, peramapanel, topiramate, zonisamide)
- Antiarrhythmics (amiodarone / desethylamiodarone)
- Antibiotics (amikacin, vancomycin, gentamicin, linezolid)
- Antifugals (posaconazole, isavuconazole, voriconazole)
- Onco-haematology (methotrexate)
The Clinical Pharmacology Unit also provides espertise for Ethics Committees, Phase I Clinical Research, Pharmacotherapeutic advise.