Reducing certain risk factors and adopting a correct lifestyle can reduce the onset of cancer and cardiovascular and respiratory diseases by up to 60%, especially in people between the ages of 45 and 65.
At Campus Bio-Medico University Hospital is possible to carry out the VALE program to reduce cancer, cardiovascular and respiratory diseases risk factors.
It is a complete, long-term personalized program of health education and prevention.
The VALE program takes its name from the latin ‘take care of yourself’.
- personalised: Patients are assigned a medical tutor who follows them throughout the program and who conducts the initial assessment to determine the specific tests and examinations to be carried out.
- long-term: this is an annual, renewable program. Exams, specialist visits and consultations are carried out every 6 months.
- integrated: the programme involves specialists from different areas, for a multidisciplinary approach to prevention.
As a subscriber to the VALE program, you will have:
A Medical Check-up, based on the patient’s age, sex, personal medical history and family history, is carried out at the start of the program. The Medical Check-up includes instrumental and laboratory tests, aimed at the early detection of the most common diseases, in accordance with international guidelines on prevention. The first meeting will last about five hours, during which the Medical Check-up and the necessary specialist visits will be carried out, in order to provide a complete and in-depth picture of the patient’s general health.
The medical tutor chooses the Medical counselors based on the results of the first examination and the medical check-up.
The VALE Program includes with experts, focused on improving the patient’s lifestyle, eating habits and stress management.
Members of the team include:
- a nutrition counselor who can assess basal metabolism, measure lean/fat mass, test for the exclusion of allergies and food intolerances, and draw up a personalized food plan;
- a mental coach who evaluates overall well-being and causes of stress, draws up personalized stress management plan, addresses the question of motivation and motivational support, and, where needed, prescribes a plan for postural re-education.
A dedicated administrative staff will welcome ad accompany you. You will also have reserved clinical areas and a dedicated room with internet wi-fi free.