The diabetes check-up is designed to monitor the possibility to develop chronic complications related to this disease. Eyes, kidneys, heart, blood vessels and peripheral nerves are the target organs that need to be screened periodically. The appointment with a dietician is also important to correct – through a personalised diet – one's lifestyle in the light of glycaemic values and prescribed therapy.
Times and methods
The diabetes check-up takes place over two half-days. The first one is dedicated to appointments, instrumental examinations and laboratory analysis. The second one is the final diabetes appointment, during which the medical staff proceeds to the evaluation of the results and to the delivery of the reports.
It includes the following tests:
- Blood tests (Glycated hemoglobin, total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, Triglycerides, serum creatinine, BUN, GOT or AST, GPT or ALT, Gamma GT, CBC, Serum protein electrophoresis, Vitamin D, serum sodium, serum Potassium, serum Calcium, Chloride, Phosphorus)
- Urine test (with urine spot creatinine test and microalbuminuria spot test)
- Supra-aortic vessels ultrasonography Doppler
- Test for the evaluation of anatomical neuropathy
- Eye examination with dilated fundus examination
- Nutricion examination
- Cardiac examination
Times and dates
Available with a booking on mondays, from 08.00 onwards (first appointment), and on fridays of the same week (final appointment). Detailed medical reports and test results are delivered before leaving the facility.