The Phlebology service of the Campus Bio-Medico University Hospital deals with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of pathologies affecting peripheral blood and lymphatic vessels.
The activity ranges from the first visits, during which it is possible to carry out vascular diagnostic tests such as eco-colour-doppler or photoplethysmography, to treatment with sclerosing therapy and other ablative procedures up to surgery with phlebological surgery techniques with a minimally invasive approach. (See the special rates for the preparation packages per interventi di chirurgia flebologica).
Integration with other specialist areas and attention to the relationship with the patient and his family are among the characteristics of the phlebology service.
Particular importance is dedicated to the care and prevention of vascular ulcers and lymphedema, through a clinic where combined treatments of advanced medication and compressive vascular bandages are performed.
The pathologies treated are
- Chronic venous insufficiency and thrombotic events;
- Varicose veins
- Lymphedema of the lower limbs
- Vascular ulcers
- Chronic obliterative arteriopathy
All services are performed in a day-hospital or clinic, without the need for hospitalization. The Centre provides the services in the SSN and private regime.
Head of the Phlebology service, which belongs to the Unit of Vascular Surgery, is dr. Leo Moro. The service collaborates with the Units of Cardiac Surgery, Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Diagnostic Imaging and Orthopaedics.
- Endothelial dysfunction and ischemic preconditioning in obliterating arteriopathy
- Micro-surgical techniques for the hemodynamic correction of chronic venous insufficiency
- Foam sclerotherapy techniques
- Elasto-compression and advanced dressing techniques