Material to be supplied
- Inclusion in paraffin or unstained histological slides relating to the histological examination of the tumour. This material should be requested from the healthcare unit at which the diagnostic histological examination was carried out. Please ensure that the unit receives the attached form and returns it together with the material sent for analysis.
- Copy of the histological diagnostic report.
If either of the above items is missing, the assessment may be incomplete and in some cases the test may not be carried out.
Please note: for diagnostic histological examinations that have been carried out at the Campus Bio-Medico University Hospital, the request itself is sufficient and neither slides nor a copy of the report need be sent (red order form).
Request for specialist SSN Services (Red order form)
The form used to request the analysis must be filled out by an SSN physician with a copy filed in the relevant Outpatient Clinic’s Analysis Request Register. The request should include the words: “IBRIDAZIONE IN SITU (FISH) SU TESSUTI MEDIANTE SONDA MOLECOLARE IN COSMIDE PER C-MET E MEDIANTE SONDA ALFOIDE PER CROMOSOMA 7”.
In order for us to be able to keep in touch regarding the service requested, the referring physician contact telephone number should be included.
a) The red SSN order form for the F.I.S.H. analysis should be delivered to the Outpatients Clinic reception desk (First Underground Level), from Monday to Friday, between 8 am and 10 am.
b) The material for analysis (inclusion or slides) should be delivered to the Pathological Anatomy Laboratory (First Floor, East Wing) together with:
- a copy of the histological report
- the attached form duly completed
- a photocopy of the red order form (issued by the Staff of the Outpatients Clinic reception desk when logging in the examination request)
The Pathological Anatomy Laboratory is opened for deliveries from Monday to Friday, from 7.30 a.m to 12.30 p.m and from 2.00 p.m to 4.30 p.m. For further information regarding the examination please telephone 06 22541 1151 during the times shown above or send an e-mail.
Collecting the report
Reports will be available for collection 20 working days after the request is submitted. Either the patient or a delegated person can collect the report at the Medical Documentation Archive.